- 500g lean lamb mince
- 1 medium onion – peeled & finely chopped
- 1 ½ tspn garam masala
- 1 Tbspn minced ginger
- 1 medium onion – peeled and chopped
- 1 ½ Tbspn Tandoori curry mix
- 1 Tbspn tomato paste
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened natural yoghurt
- 1 Tbspn fresh mint – chopped (plus a little extra for garnishing)
- Little oil (for frying)
- Basmati rice
To make lamb balls:
Step 1. Mix mince, onion, ginger and garam masala together until well combined.
Step 2. With wet hands roll into tablespoon size balls.
Step 3. Bake in an oven proof dish at 180°C for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
While lamb balls are cooking prepare sauce:
Step 1. Fry onion in a little oil until soft.
Step 2. Add curry and cook for 1 minute.
Step 3. Mix in yoghurt, tomato paste and mint.
Step 4. Heat gently but do not allow to boil.
Step 5. Serve meatballs on rice with sauce poured over, sprinkled with a little fresh mint. Steamed greens on the side.