- 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 1/2 cup quick cooking brown rice
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts or cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tspn oil
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- fresh coriander (to garnish)
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 Tbspn soy sauce (salt reduced)
- 2 tspn sesame oil
- 1/2 tspn brown sugar
- sesame seeds (to sprinkle over top)
Step 1. To make dressing: Place vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar into a screw-top jar. Shake well to combine. Set aside.
Step 2. Cook rice as per packet instructions. Drain well and set aside to cool.
Step 3. Heat oil in fry pan and cook garlic and spring onions for 2-3 minutes. Add sugar snap peas and nuts and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Step 4. Mix rices and spring onion mixture together.
Step 5. Add grated carrot and combine. Pour over dressing, toss well. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and fresh coriander to serve.