- 250g cooked fish (or canned smoked fish/tuna)
- 2 cups mashed potato or kumara
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 Tbspn fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbspn water
- 1 cup toasted wholemeal breadcrumbs
Step 1. Flake the fish into a bowl or mash canned fish.
Step 2. Add the mashed potato or kumara, onion, parsley, salt and pepper and mix well.
Step 3. Divide mixture into even-shaped cakes, about 8 or 10.
Step 4. Beat egg and water together and pour onto a plate. Sprinkle toasted breadcrumbs onto another plate.
Step 5. Dip the fish cake into the egg mixture and then roll in breadcrumbs.
Step 6. Spray oil in a frying pan and heat. Add fish cakes to the pan, 2 or 3 at a time and cook until golden.
Step 7. Place fish cakes on paper towel to remove excess oil. Serve warm with a lovely green salad.